Friday, January 13, 2012

Deductive/predictive tracking goes like this: Locate a clear footprint left by an animal you're trailing—a so-called hot track. Make an educated guess, based on the animal's previous behavior, about where the animal would probably have gone next. Proceed to that spot. Look for more tracks. If you find no tracks - if the trail runs cold - return to the last hot track, make another educated guess, and repeat. Using these steps, you can follow your wild self as it instinctively migrates toward your perfect career:

Thank You Jesus Christ for Creating The Way of Your Word!
Grab a pen and make a list of every time you remember being utterly, happily absorbed in an activity.
I feel this way when I do Ritual, when I bike, and whenever I do something that my wife encourages.  Of course the last time that I did Ritual, she encouraged me to do that too.  It was just awesome of course, with the full moon as well.  Now to think about my history of when I get totally "absorbed" and I think about doing some engineering and how it would always totally fill me with passion and desire to complete it all.  I now feel like it had more to do with the deadline.  It seems whenever I have to get something done "now, or sooner."  I remember doing some class assignment and being up late at night or deep into the research and totally loosing track of time. 

I also see that whenever I first start biking down the street.  Those first few minutes riding off always set me into another space.  Like falling into the twilight zone, completely out there and not in touch with anything.  That's always sorta exhilarating!  I also noticed this over the weekend working in the yard.  It wasn't so much the work, but more that I was getting something done for my wife and family.  Interesting too whenever she would bring me water or step out and say how great things looked I would swell-up excited to do more and more.  Similarly, I've noticed lately how she relaxes more and more with the TV and of course I only want to be with her.  But then I don't get anything done, and simply do not want to.  I've been trying to get her away from the box, and find myself wanting to join her there anyway.  It seems more like an addiction, or a useless drug.  That sucks!
To predict the next likely step for your inner animal, scan your environment for conditions that seem likely to foster that happy state of absorption, but are just outside your regular routine. Try an activity within that sphere to see if it's a hot track.
I think this is an interesting exercise.  Yesterday I got all excited writing her in the morning after one of her friends invited us to do something.  I had to send the note to her, and then got into writing as well to see if there was more we should plan together or whatever.  I told her how much I needed her to support and encourage me, and how adrift I felt with the TV taking too much of our time.  I know she gets full of excitement and joy in art, reading and writing deep into some passion she has.  I try to encourage this and always remember when we made something with feathers, she was as excited with it as I was. . . and we both created something really cool.  I've tried to get her into the garden or into something else like this again . . . but we stopped doing yoga, and haven't biked or bladded together in years, where the TV toke over.

After my note, she took me for a walk in the park as soon as she got home last night.  That was great!  But we've still not found much else to get us out and excited.  Like we spent one day working on the RV.  We did pick a few hundred potatoes together, but that was obviously a chore for her!
emotions like boredom, hopelessness, anger, or anxiety mean the trail's gone cold.
I guess I noticed more how she gets bored.  I noticed that is what happens to me as well.  I simply get bored with whatever I'm working on.  It really annoys me.  Like when working in the yard last week.  I felt like I had dragged her out to look at what I did, and it was no big deal . . . so I stopped.  There is still a big mess out there everywhere - - another half-done project like the million others scattered around the yard where she simply has no interest!
Obvious clear hot tracks such as enjoyment, fascination, or any heartfelt desire
I'm not sure where I can find these now?  She seemed kinda annoyed with me last night, saying that I was codependent and should not rely on her to find my own peace and power.  That seems so backwards and weird.  You would think that she would simply encourage me to get rich and famous with some patent or publication so we could hire people to finish our yard work or rebuild the RV or whatever else we want.  I mean, if she recognized her power and gave me a clear focus to bring us the success and wealth we need.  I mean wouldn't that just be the easiest thing to do!
What do you need to do?
I was thinking about how excited I would get speaking to some professors in business and that I needed to go visit them, and see if I could get my clarity and focus again...
  I Love You Dearest Loving Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment