Friday, November 28, 2008

now4u2: Are You Trying To Figure Out The “How”?

Are You Trying To Figure Out The “How”?: "It was the beginning of September my dog Peaches headed for her favorite tree and I followed. I stood under the bare branches in the quiet hush of the rain. The drops of water hanging on the branches like jewels caught my attention.

They were so beautiful I started to cry. It was easy to cry most all the time but then something happened. With each droplet that fell to the ground, a tiny question with an answer on the other side surfaced.

There was nothing I could do to lose Jag… it said. He couldn’t be gone. It wasn’t possible. The only place he’s ever lived is inside you. And now you believe he’s gone? Some piece is missing? Let him back in…. it said.

As I opened that inner door another quiet message rose up… If there is one person in the entire world for each us… and that one is inside…there is nothing you can do to lose it. It has nothing to do with anyone else. It was so clear.

And the next message surfaced. I can’t be half of something. That’s not possible. Half of something is always looking for the other half, which means the other is half too. And it kept going and going for I don’t know how long. *It* was talking. The voice inside… X, the Life force."

There was no weight he had to carry. Nothing in me that needed to be fulfilled. What had become clear was he couldn’t possibly fulfill my needs - only I could do that.

He was confused at first.

I discovered it only takes one open mind to have a perfect relationship. I didn’t need anything from him. That was the first time in our relationship that was actually true."

1 comments:

wow timing is everything. reading this today gives me such comfort and forgiveness. I never really need anyone. It's nice to share and love, but i always do this. And always can. Wanting one or another is sorta defeating the purpose. recognizing we are all one anyway whether that other takes the form of one person or not is irrelevant... Hum, I've learned this before!!

No comments:

Post a Comment