Friday, December 30, 2011

2012 Resolutions: Nourishing the Planet

Going Green: 12 Simple Steps for 2012 | Nourishing the Planet: As we head into 2012, many of us will be resolving to lose those few extra pounds, save more money, or spend a few more hours with our families and friends. But there are also some resolutions we can make to make our lives a little greener. Each of us, especially in the United States, can make a commitment to reducing our environmental impacts.
(1) Recycle
(2) Turn off the lights
(3) Make the switch
(4) Turn on the tap
(5) Turn down the heat
(6) Support food recovery programs
(7) Buy local
(8) Get out and ride
(9) Share a car
(10) Plant a garden
(11) Compost
(12) Reduce your meat consumption
- Sent using Google Toolbar

I popped up awake again this morning and felt all this energy moving through me wanting to come out. I saw this message when I first came in here and knew I needed to write more... More about what I need to do this new year. I started thinking of the letters I need to write then also the articles I have written and need to publish. And then I started to think about what they all had in common and what my primary theme might be?

Interesting enough I find myself at the beginning again. Like I've passed through another cycle and come full circle back to my beginning again. The first class I took when I went back to school again was Leadership and Teams. This was when this journal-conversation blog started as well.

Leadership really has a lot to do with who I am and what I am doing. The Earth really has no leader now. No one voice that people respect and listen to, no one worth listening to, and no one saying anything useful either. Course there seems no nations have any worthwhile leaders either. Certainly not this one. We've not had
a real leader since before my birth: November 22, 1963, when JFK died. Interesting: 176 days before I was born, almost 6 months, or 25 weeks, or 4224 hours, 253,440 minutes, or 15,206,400 seconds... numbers are so cool!

Of course, we don't have a sound State leader, while the City leader here might be worth something. The University leader is not. And some College leaders are strong while some are not! I always feel like the real leaders are the ones who lead by doing.

Course I have never been in a better place to do things in my life. I have more freedom and opportunity than I ever thought possible and again find that I am sitting at the calm before the storm, knowing so much more than anyone!!!

I'm reminded now about the crop circles, over 5000 of them, mostly in England, the "leader of the free world" one could say. Course no one there seems to know this, but so much of the culture and ambitions as well as the structures and operations across the world are filled with the influence and words from England. Where else could you go to influence everyone? While the population on the planet is so programmed that to even consider or imply an "outside influence" coming upon the Earth makes you into a crazy person!

Not my problem, I know better. But what's interesting about this is that I do KNOW. Somehow I know we are safe, and I know nothing out there will stop us, or stop me. And I guess I know I can change everything. That's such a funny statement. "Change EVERYTHING!" I always knew this, and it simply is who I am.

Funny, I start writing, then stop to DO something and then write more and stop again. Now I know my focus needs to get back to writing to finding my own voice and getting very specific and detailed about it. Which brings me back to my articles and writing about leadership. There is really so much there for me and so much more for me to write and work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment