Tuesday, February 09, 2010

PHD Semester... ;-)

Blackboard Learn: "When I came back to school for my MBA. . . . I dropped in to visit a friend in the IT department. We kept in touch over the years since we were both building the web-world in and out of school. She told me about many new tools professors have used.

Another one I still use today is Blogger. Blogger is run by google, so if you install the google toolbar and signup for blogger (free) you can post things to the blog automatically. Like the 'select and search' right click, with blogger you can select a few paragraphs, 'right-click' and SEND TO:

This will copy the paragraphs and LINKS into a hyper email and post it to your blog. So if you are busy doing research of these topics online you can create a blog 'Florida RTI' and post the key phrases of everything you find into blogger automatically and then pull out all the reference data and links whenever you want to.

For example, my mother had cancer, so I started looking into all this 'man-made' nightmare: http://stars2man.blogspot.com/

Conveniently enough, you can also simply email to it, like I similarly do to yahoo groups with health news: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Med-News/ But blogger allows more/easier video and graphics etc.... and with the right-click to select and post you can create and publish almost instantly... lol.... I thought of another blog I need now too ;-)"

No comments:

Post a Comment