Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Hi Dare,
We seem to have a lot to share. Since you've obviously been doing a lot already: http://stars2man.blogspot.com/2005/01/meditation-gives-brain-charge-study.html

So you might want to start this immediately: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MayanChant/ since you will certainly recognize the Warning at the bottom, so start here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MayanChant/message/156

Oh you might recognize this too: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stars2heaven/message/839 And since you've done so much to get ready for this the user is stars2woma and just4now unless you already have an ID and want to join it now....

Essentially I've been getting ready for this a long time. and I really need your help: http://seedwiki.com/wiki/stars2man/evolution.html?wpid=164853

SO Please hit "Edit Page" top left on that one to get started ASAP! Yes I'm into cyclic habitual abuse too, can’t you tell…. Lol…

Tell me what you think
Thanks
eric
http://profiles.yahoo.com/stars2man
PS Care to visit, get out of the snow? Hit the last link on the list link.... lol... fixing that too http://starsusa.netfirms.com/scire/scire.html

> Subject: Mind, meditation, art, sound
> Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2005 10:33:24 -0500 (EST)
>
> Hi
>
> As an artist (vocal improviser and experimental
> media), I am very interested in technologies of
> consciousness and how my practice as an
> artist integrates with my practice as a meditator.
> Emerging studies in mind research is thrilling.
> It is my own hunch that when I improvise, I also
> use the states of meditation that I learn about in
> my tradition. My teachers are lamas in the
> Drukpa Kagyu lineage and one has been all wired
> up by the celebrity super scientists (see
> forthcoming March issue of National Geographic
> – whoops, cat out of the bag!). And soon I too
> will be guinea-pigged upon (yaaaay Swiss cheese
> brain here we come!).
>
> I want to somehow map the laboratory experiences
> /the western science experience/the meditator
> experience into art/sound art/performance. Years
> ago I was into electro-acoustic soundscapes of field
> recordings of power places in India etc layered
> over Tibetan. So that brought forth a lot of
> psychoacoustic interest. Recently, I combined that
> with experimental video of my own body in
> meditation. Naked women’s bodies are always
> good value. For the wisdom aspect – of course
> (what did you think?).
>
> Have I thoroughly confused you? Great.
>
> I really believe Milarepa embodied (grrr that word!)
> a unity of meditation into his “art” as spontaneous
> singer. My first Masters thesis went into
> that. Now I want to embrace more the hard-core
> science and create art with (or about) modern Milas
> or growly Marpas or out-to-lunch divine mad folk –
> teach me!
>
> I would love any feedback or comments (mensch
> don’t clog the list – email me direct). Please,
> nothing new agey or I will break vows of patience.
>
> A boring bio of me:
>
> http://www.arts.rpi.edu/people/derec/
> Dare.
>
> Caterina De Re
>
> M.A. and doing yet another (cyclic habitual abuse?)
>
> R.P.I, NY
>



1:31:11 PM
So of course everything is related and everything is lining up more perfect than I could ever imagine. I guess I couldn’t think or expect anything else. I woke up to write this powerful dream I had about my kids and then wrote yesterday’s dream too since it was equally powerful. Then I had an email from someone using sounds to help in meditation and such. So I decided to really write her a whopper. I couldn’t help myself. I’m not sure if I blew her away totally or not. I'm really not sure that I'm worried about it or not.

Wow I'm finally working problems I'm in the library and it’s coming out really easy. It’s great to be able to work real homework problems again. Wow so much to do and so little time.

Thank You Dearest Loving Lord Jesus Christ for filling me with your Love Light and Wisdom so I may do this. All for the Glory of Father, Sons and Holy Ghosts, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment