Friday, September 01, 2006

Reading Group

Thank You Jesus Christ for Creating The Way of Your Word!

What took you so long to get in here? You've been asking and asking for more and more to do and BE. Now before your eyes you see countless aspects of this power and truth that you are. Why not do what you like? Isn't that what you are always asking for?

"Please Jesus give me Your Strength & Wisdom" Can you even guess how many times you've said and written that. This is all about what you wanted to do and where you want to be. So what happened today, or more importantly who did you meet?

I started at 7am at an Emerge Breakfast in TBPAC. 1/2 hour early so I beat Colleen there, she's the Tampa Chamber Coordinator for Emerge. She's heading north, can't stand the sleepy life of Florida vs the NE. we chatted a bit, as I was ready to work. Erik planned to introduce me to Jose so I could talk about the Riverwalk. He said how good my presentation to him was so I did the same with Jose. . . Started off asking for help with my neighborhood trail. That wasn't too bright, as hindsight is 20:20 I guess?
What do you need to judge this for, just tell who else?
I rode my bike from TBPAC to the County Center to visited Kim since the Stonelake Calibration was due today, we rescheduled it for Wednesday . . . lol . . . She's to busy doing the model fixes for Deese like I always did ("administrative orders"... lol... yucko!). I told her how cool it was to fix stuff, and then see them put in the pipes draining Carrollwood down Dale Mabry. 48" CMP 20' down... EEK!!! But nothing else worked! Course she needs the English Creek Model now; which was awesome before Parsons Fucked it up.... lol... more work for me I'm sure...

Then I drove to USF by 10am for Dr. Nord's reading group. It wasn't until 10.30 so I had time to print my notes. . . Dr. Kranc from ENG was there for it too. He recognized me in the hall and we chatted a bit before the group. He's retired but still doing research and already offered Dr Yeah use of his lab!!!

Oh wow, that's really cool ... I need to visit him again too. I know, I need to get out on my bike again. I got a new one so I can ride to school again. So Tuesday I guess I'm riding in ... Ugh ... lol...
What happened next. . .
Well, last week I talked to John about the Honor Code crap with Sharon. He gave me a completely different perspective and I realized that I had to tell her all about it. So before Nord's meeting I went down and talked to her about it. Dr. Nord is next door to her and was in the hall as I greeted her. Told her about John's Chapter in the book Nord edited for SAGE and he told me it's the 2nd time he did it. Showed me his copy on his shelf . . . While I have John's copy in my reading stack in my office already! lol... Guess I should have told him that... da... since he picked the big thing off his shelf to show me!

So I chatted with Sharon a bit and told her I needed to chew her ear off again. She understood and said maybe we would have time next week. So then I told her about Equan being in her daughters college program. . . . lol. . . like the Boy Scout who helped me in the church was there with her daughter. She said her daughter knew nothing about the church. Wow they'd seen her 4 times over the 6 week summer program already . . . eek, must be a 4 hour drive up there!
What did you give her?
Oh, I told her about the article I wrote for John too. I said how it was freaky how similar my article and John's Chapter were. He had only given me his proof after seeing my draft. So she offered to read it over for me too, and I told her only if she marked up a copy for me . . . . lol . . . So she got and printed John's and mine to read this weekend.
What happened at the meeting?
It was kinda funny I guess. Dr. Nord had invited 3 new people from all over the university. Dr. Kranc hadn't known I would be there when we talked earlier. So three times he mentioned me by name as he referred to engineering stuff . . . which was really weird again. Course I didn't say a word throughout the meeting again except then at the very end. And I guess I said something that was really obvious to me, but kinda central to the meeting. It was almost an aside. How the articles we read were all related. I said how Ray Anderson was doing Action Research in his business by asking employees to create their own incentive programs to develop sustainabilty.

The QUEST program allowed them to make their own incentives and change them year to year. Picking the lowest fruit of course. But all through the meeting, the debate was about how incentives or little check boxes for employees becomes a useless automatic process. People would check the box for the incentive, but never adopt the culture or the practice leadership was trying to inspire.

I felt almost opposite, any rich CEO leader talking to poor migrant factory staff is really rare. No matter what the incentive or survey form might be. Allowing staff to develop incentives is like recognizing them as people.

WHAT real people work there. . . lol . . . Course that's totally contrary to the American Profit Machine. Migrants just need to work endless hours, for little pay and no benefits! No one wants to know they are even there. They are only here to pay taxes. . . lol. . . How can anyone treat them like people?

So as I listened to this debate over research theories and incentive procedures, I wondered if anyone had ever had to really work? I've been a grunt in a factory before. lol... Felt like an idiot barely understanding all their technical terms. Lol . . . been a grunt in the city, county and the business world too. lol... slave for money even a few times!!!

Then at the end about when the meeting was breaking up I finally said what I thought. I guess it wasn't the very end, but I remember Alan was up doing something so there was enough of a break that I could say something . . . . I saw some eyes big and round, wondering about another perspective. lol. . . But then we were talking about the next readings and meeting times.

As I left and went on running about doing stuff; Michelle was in the office, so I wanted to keep her busy. . . At every corner of the place I noticed people from the meeting still talking. It was kinda funny, each turn I would see two more members standing around talking. Course I need to ask Dr. Nord to invite Michelle, they already know each other so she would make the time. It's kinda funny working with her now . . .
What do you need to say about her?
It's like I'm working with Emily again. Still the totally bright little sponge ready to do or learn anything. They most likely are twins about now! OK, it's funny the other day chanting or something I remember seeing this big debate I had with John and Sharon about my paper and the energy people create and my daughter and student stuff all came out where they were actually twins with the same opportunities and challenges. Hum something was very different about it too. They looked the same, same skills and outlook, but one positive and the other...
What alot of power and focus you are moving now. There are so many doors open for you again and so much you can do. What are you feeling about IBA with Solomon?
I guess I keep thinking about offering up a patent. I created them for this and doing it myself might be the best or only thing I can do. I know I will need to follow it all up with Emerge and Jose and all . . . but in class Wednesday I created a team with just who was sitting next to me. And we all got exited about working together and Dr Solomon had some consultant down from NY who wanted us to help her start a company. We all met with her after class. It's a new placement company, a successful group in NY wants to expand a bit.

So anyway one student on our team mentioned that with a NY company we would miss the opportunity to network in Tampa. I agreed completely and wrote about the Chamber meeting and businesses I want to do but Solomon refused. . . Great networking opportunities. But who knows?

No one responded about it. But I've been feeling I had to give a 1/3 of the patent to the company and want to say the same deal to Jose for the Riverwalk....
What do you feel about it?
I guess I felt like I missed the opportunity with Jose, since I was off in a story instead of just "let's make a deal". . . . But I know we will meet again. So I need to get busy with that. Oh and also get busy with the medical school. Of course I saw all this Action Research with them too. The whole concept of the Wiki was creating the space for everyone to edit and create the research together. . . I never knew that was Action Research
What Happened now?
I just flashed into a meeting with Klasko again! So here's the deal dude! That's just so funny, I'm sick with it. All my patents out there in thirds... some for you, some for me and the last 1/3 for the school!

CMRadionet God is going to shake it all down... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be... everything that can it will be

I Love You Dearest Loving Lord Jesus Christ. Thank You for Your Grace Love and Wisdom!!! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment