Saturday, September 23, 2006

Research Lunch, again

Thank You Jesus Christ for Creating The Way of Your Word!

What do you feel?
I guess all kinds of cool things are happening as usual. John took Barbara and I to lunch again yesterday and I really just told him what I think. It was kinda funny because we hadn't had any serious talks for a while and were both almost holding back with Barbara there. But instead we got more specific and detailed about things, so she could follow and witness it all. Almost debating, saying how she could "witness it. " I was asking him about this terms independent study work and how I wanted to get it linked to the Med School work. I mean they want to see if I can get into an NIH grant and help expand and develop their research. Course then I realized how the Dean there wants to upgrade the teaching to be more "team based" learning. Of course that's what the Business College has been doing for years so I asked John if we could develop some "action research" helping the Med School coordinate teams for new research grants. I said how Nord's reading group discussed the topics already. Course he said no one in the group had any "team developing" skills . . . and this medical research had nothing to do with "Action Research."

It was really funny, because as we were leaving the school for lunch chatting in the car . . . I joked about getting a gazillion dollars for the John Research Center next to the Patel Center (not sure what we were talking about then). So over lunch I asked him what the John Center would do. He said he wanted to explore more about the environmental developments with business and organizations. This sounds exactly like what I was talking about with the Med School since they need to integrate their sciences. I mean the evolving science is all about unity not the fractured mess we have now. And as far as environmental impacts and a complete medical industry set on mass destruction of the environment and the total pollution of people and the mechanization of life . . . . Seems like we have the perfect place to explore new models and methods for bringing life back into the sciences. . . or improving the environmental aspects of a complete industry.

He made it clear he was not interested in "applied work" and only the conceptual research and academia, saying what I was talking about was being a consultant to the Med School. Yes I guess that's true, but it would open up the doors for all kinds of research and explorations. So then he started talking more specifically about the work that I needed to do now, since no one would want me to consult on anything until I was an expert at something, saying how I was just getting lost in these distractions and would never get where I wanted until I did what I had to do first.

Darn it, he was right and I knew it. So we started talking about the Corporate Sustainability research and the research work he expected me to complete this term evolving from my paper. "WHAT?" I thought it was something new, unrelated to my paper. "NO," he told me how the term paper I did gave a lot of the background and something about Corporate Sustainability efforts, but that to make it a research paper for publishing I needed to go through ALL the research in Corporate Sustainability. He got really specific about how the science and publications have evolved into the paradigms and spirit and consciousness issues more and more which was where my research into Unity concepts was going anyway.
What did this feel like?
I guess it was really cool, and I was thrilled about what he wanted me to do. It was certainly a lot clearer and specific . . . . Ugh, which really means I have a SHIT-LOAD to do! I guess that's why he hired Michelle to help. She's so bright and talented that she can get anything done really quickly, which gives me more time to get into all kinds of other things.
What else happened?
I found out what was happening at the Med School. More fiefdom shit, where the people in control want to stay in control and are intimidated that I might be able to do something they can't do, or something? It's weird how I come in to help and they think I want to take over. I mean, she even said specifically in our meeting how I couldn't take over all her research . . . lol . . . sure the dean and chair sent me over to meet with them, but that's more so that I would leave them alone instead of them wanting me to take anything over. It's like people are so short-sighted and hanging onto the fear instead of seeing the opportunities. Like in Nursing where she couldn't accept some engineer might be able to add and develop things in her field . . . lol . . . what a pain! Course I'm thrilled to have a like minded friend there ready to help. He wrote asking if I needed help getting around some walls yesterday too. Read into it more than me. . . lol . . . Brilliant. So I know everything will come out perfect, too much is set here in motion perfectly . . .
What else did you do?
Oh it was funny after lunch John and I emptied all his boxes and sorted out all the files and such, getting things organized in both offices as Michelle researched something else on the PC next to us. Then he had to just clear out what was left in his office, and I finished some journal stuff. I told him I only had an hour left before my IBA meeting so he soon got me to fix things on his PC and get into all sorts of things. It was good to get things going and I explained what tools I was using and how and all. Course that only means I will need to do and show him more.... as I was rushing to get out for the IBA meeting....
What was next?
I guess for my IBA class we met with Mike again. I raced out of BSN on my bike knowing I had only 30 minutes or so to get home and drive out to meet. The rest of my team was driving out of the school and honked as I passed them at the Fowler light. Course I just had to race faster. As soon as I got home I emailed Mike the background I had printed from our last meeting. Showered, changed and jumped in my truck. I got there about 10 minutes after our 6pm meeting started. I snapped a picture and got to work. We all were asking questions and he told us a lot again. Then we left after 8pm. When I got home I realized I left my book bag and camera sitting in his office. I was really freaking about it . . . I knew it was safe but worried anyway, didn't sleep too well. . .
What about your sleep?
I was dreaming about being trapped in some team, that would kill people who tried to leave the team. It was really freaky and very vivid. It was a cult or something, like I could feel and hear someone in the room after me since I was complaining or something. Looked like the Paul thing. I almost wrote about it in my dream pad next to my bed, but it was really kinda freaky and I didn't want to know more about it. Course I woke up at 3am again but with the tired freakiness I just wanted to stay in bed . . . I want to sleep now too. I jumped up at 7am and called Mike. Someone answered the phone and said he should be in soon, so I jumped in my truck and raced over.

I figured it was time to tell him I was an engineer and give him more details about my background since we would be alone . . . no IBA Team. But he was laughing and talking with his staff there so I didn't want to corner him to talk business. When I got home I emailed him and gave him some more details then.
What else did you need to do?
I was planning on biking with Pam and Karen again, so I was trying to stay clear and get awake for that. Pam just called me now to say she's not feeling up for a bike ride either. Great, so now I can get some more sleep or something good like that.
What else do you want to do?
I want to read all John's Journals and get some sound files together for DJ at Harmony. . . good to have the day here to rest and relax . . . I'm beat!

I Love You Dearest Loving Lord Jesus Christ. Thank you for your Grace Love and Wisdom, please fill me with your Light Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment