Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Tuesday,March22,2005_9:00:01AM

Tuesday, March 22, 2005
9:00:01 AM
I beat Heidi to her office by a few minutes it seems. I got up from my PC at home at 8:30 to leave, put on my shoes and socks, locked the doors and left. No big deal I guess. Parked in my normal spot and rode my bike across campus. As I locked it up and parked outside of CPH, I noticed I was 5 minutes early. Wow, that was a surprise. Less than 30 minutes to leave home, park and ride anywhere on campus, since this office is about the complete opposite corner from where I park.

So last night I read some homework and sat around. I've been watching the news as I eat dinner, which seems kinda stupid. But the issues are all things related to me. Like the Terry Shiavo case, about keeping a feeding tube in a vegetable. Saturday Scott and I went to see the movie “Million Dollar Baby.” It was about a female boxer who got crippled, like nearly vegetative like Terry and she wanted to die. Her coach never wanted to train her and finally did. Then never wanted to help her with her death, but finally did that too.

Course the other news I saw was a Castle Rock law suit against the city police who didn’t enforce the domestic violence injunction that resulted in three dead children. Then a Florida case where a young girl was molested and killed by a repeat-sex-offender. This kid’s dad is trying to get the laws changed and stricter. While the Castle Rock case is where a city has never been sued before. I certainly think about suing city, state and county here about my poor kids




Lisa Interlandi

Hi again.
Is Scripps moving ahead or is this a smoke screen to destroy environmental and concurrency laws so Bush can get into real estate speculation after he leaves office?

I'm not sure if you can help. I did notice this letter from Fowler & White too. http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/pzb/Planning/scripps/2020_and_tim.pdf
Thanks
Eric



rlerner@scripps.edu

Hi Dr. Lerner,
Just a quick question.

Is Scripps serious about Florida?
Do you think you can get away from all the environmental law suits??

Just curious, heard it was a dead deal already.
Thanks
Eric



Hum, weird stuff going on still. I talked about a lot of things with Heidi and things just clicked with her. She’s excited about how things are coming along, and sees the reflections everywhere. So when I asked her about Scripps and she said it would never happen, seems like she met someone over the summer that worked there... So then I researched it a lot and there is a lot going on here in Florida about it. Course they Legislature set up a "development company" to make it ahppen, and last year this company had over $500,000,000... sounds like a perfect Bush scam to me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment