Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Dean's Day

Thank You Jesus Christ for Creating The Way of Your Word!

What's up?
Friday I took my boss john, out for Sushi. I called my office and spoke to Michelle before we went, and I wish I invited her to come too ... she would have enjoyed it. It was really cool of course. At one point he said how the Journal had reached some serious milestone. Something about the number of references, like the times it is sited increased beyond some limit that increased it's academic value and stature. Oh, something that happened since he hired me. Hum, he thought a moment and yes that's right, it did happen about the same time that I started working with him.

Course I laughed and said the same thing happened to NJ and FL. Then I told him about the Dance Clubs when I was getting my first degree. I would pick out the clubs that would be successful and which would not. Course I never told him the details about Mikey's or Sidney's and how they closed down soon after I decided not to go anymore. He just sorta laughed about it as a matter of fact....

Then last night I had a class with Mike and we were all talking about the Wal-Mart Effect. So at the break I told him how when I was writing up the summary for his class I got online and searched for Wal-Mart and found there are 26 of them within 30 minutes of my house. So when class started again he teased me about the Eric effect for creating Wal-Marts telling everyone what I had said.... Yes 6 Sam's Clubs, 2 Neighborhood Centers, 9 Stores and 9 Supercenters all in 20 miles of my house . . . it is kinda freaky I guess. I thought Walgreens was owned by the same company so I searched for them too... 83 within 20 miles of my house.... Eeek!
What do you feel?
I've been dancing and singing around the house again. Oh I got some MBA survey from the college this morning and filled it all out. It had a dozen sections, each one with a comment box at the end. Course my comment in one section would be the subject for the questions in the next section. So by the end I had repeated the same thing so many times it had developed and expanded into a very clear and concrete concept for improving their programs at USF. Course now that I open the page to copy the links into here I see on top it says:

"EMBA Program Ranked #10 in the Country for Hispanics" FIGURES!!!

What do YOU FEEL!
I feel really good and happy about everything. I copied all the survey comments into an email to John. I guess after I finished it I noticed the Word file I had written them all into to spell check and all, and realized John might enjoy reading them, or laugh when they DO everything I tell them too. . . Course that happens ALL the time too.
What do you mean?
I opened the Hispanic Article and it started off "Dean's List"... Course my survey comments were about increasing the Team Building efforts and making it more social. Like having a big party in the courtyard - Dean's Day with beer, wine and Jazz.... something a bit more social and sophisticated to increase faculty and student interaction... Course I want to see them increase research and know that interacting with all the professionals who come through their MBA program would do a lot for that. ... lol.. wow, the top 25, 3 NY, 2 IL, 2 CA, 2 NC, 2 AZ, 2 TX... and 5 FL's wow! Sounds like Florida is on the map... hum, none from NJ... lol.... bummer! lol... guess NY is about the same up there... lol... which is where my Mom and dad went.
What else do you FEEL?
I know i need to get on the phone and do a lot of things today. Like reading a hundred articles again and writing all sorts of other things too. What a pain in the butt... lol... but someone has to do it.
What else do you feel?
I know I need to get more social and get out more. I was feeling that again last night as I walked onto campus... the night classes have a lot more mature people coming from work, so I feel the ladies in heels coming into class. . . . none in my class of course, but I can feel them all around the place...
What about your office?
Oh when I raced up there to grab a drink during a class break, it was like Michelle spilled her perfume. . . the whole office smelled so yummy. . . lol... I wanted to call her and tease her right then. Guess she was getting me back for leaving her our of our lunch meeting . . . . Course when I got home RELIEVED to be done with so much a headache. . . I sat and watched movie clips online to chill out and relax a bit. Then when I got into bed and curled up with my pillow I felt the golden strands again... lol... nice to feel free ;-)

I Love You Dearest Loving Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment